It's been a great week so far. Mickey got to come home early the last two days- home by noon both times. It was nice to have him home, especially since he worked so much last week. I don't get much, if anything, done around the house when he's here but I'm not complaining.
Ha! Speaking of complaining, it looks as though Houston is having a bit of cold weather. Facebook alone could tell you about all the power outages, freezing pipes and people not wanting to go to work even if you didn't watch the news or weather reports. Welcome to my world Houstonians :) Its actually colder in Houston than in Kentucky at the moment- but we're still getting the snow.
I was commenting to Mickey the other day how funny it is to compare the weather alerts for different areas. For Kentucky they pretty much say "It's going to snow again tomorrow; x-number of inches this time. You know what to do..." whereas in Houston they read more like "WARNING! Hell has frozen over! Protect your plants, pipes and pets- check on elderly people and stay off the roads because they're going to be giant blocks of ice and you will most definitely get in a wreck- PANIC!"
Hmm, speaking of which, I should call the grandparents, I haven't talked to them in a while.
We had sushi for dinner last night! Usually when we go to the Japanese restaurant I get hibachi but I was feeling adventurous last nigh. Of course I got a roll that had been deep fried but it was still sushi. :) It was yum but the texture still got to me. I could eat it as long as I didn't think about it too much lol.
Still no job but the search continues. I have 2 completed applications to turn in and need to schedule an interview with the staffing company since I finished the paperowrk for them.
Stay warm! and Be Happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment