Friday, May 27, 2011

April Showers Bring May.... Showers???

Well, I think we may finally be reaching the end of the rainy season. At least I hope so. I heard on the radio today that FEMA had set up a station here in ETown for the victims of all the recent flooding. I knew we had a lot of rain and thunderstorms but didn't realize it had gotten that bad. Our house was definitely way above water the whole time. Thank goodness for the hilly terrain I guess. I'm pretty sure this entire state would've flooded if the terrain were flat like Texas lol. Was just checking the weather and it looks like we might actually get 5 whole straight days without rain! Today was supposed to be nice but it ended up being a high of 62, windy, overcast and drizzly. Hopefully the rest of the Memorial Day weekend will be nice. (And yes, I know I shouldn't complain b/c the flooding is much worse in other places or even drought in others so I should be thankful) Dont get me wrong, I'm plenty thankful for the amazingly green grass- I've never seen anything like it! I would just like to be able to actually go outside and enjoy it for once.

I started my new job at Bluegrass Cellular. The job is ok. I definitely like having a full time job again. The hours aren't the best but I'm in no position to complain. The company itself is great. If its one thing I've learned since I started its that they definitely care about Customer Service. I know that sounds like I'm trying to promote the business but honestly- the company itself it awesome. Besides, there be no point for me to promote it since I don't actually know anyone that lives in their 30 county home coverage area. The job is slightly stressful- there's SO MUCH info that I had to learn before I could even answer phones. And even now I can't remember everything. Thank goodness for thumbtacks and plenty of wallspace in my mini-cubicle. Sitting next to a supervisor doesn't hurt too much either.

And, because its Memorial Day weekend I will get an actual 2 day weekend! Mind you, it won't be actual weekend days but a 2 day work break nontheless. So excited! I need to reread the last Harry Potter book before the movie comes out in July (that sounded nerdy didn't it)

Anyways, uber tired and need to get ready for work tomorrow so I will leave you with a few Memorial Day cartoons as closing thoughts....

Thanks and don't forget to feed me fish at the bottom of the page!








No comments:

Post a Comment