Major events that happened in order:
1) The doc wanted to REMOVE my gallbladder
2) Started working at the Gap Outlet here in Etown
3) We booked a cruise!
4) Michael Cooper Templet was born!!!!! :)
Ok so the whole gallbladder thing: I started having abdominal cramps the Friday we went to play golf when we were in Houston. Super bad cramps just below my sternum that made me sit up straight just to breathe. I didn't want to eat or sit- only lie down- and they made me nauseous. So the Sunday we were driving back home, I threw up that morning and that made me feel a little better and then later in the day I went to the bathroom and that made me feel better- the blood that came with it freaked me out. Both of those happenings made me feel better but the pains had turned into cramps instead of going away. So I made a doctor's appointment and went in the Friday after the pains started- a whole week of this nonsense.
She took blood, urine sample, and stool sample. Apparently she didn't like the results b/c she called me first thing Monday morning and asked me to come in that day and retake the samples. This happened 4 times over the course of a week. She also asked me to schedule an ultrasound but my appointment with radiology was 2 weeks and she decided that was too long so she scheduled an emergency one with a private company for the next morning. What were they looking for?- Gallstones. LUCKILY they found none. Because the doc had told me if they did then she was going to schedule me for surgery to remove my gallbladder.
Anyways, here we are 2 weeks after my initial doctors appointment and I feel fine. Still have all my organs intact. My last round of tests (take home 24-hour urine test was interesting to say the least) came back normal. She thinks that I passed whatever gallstone was making me hurt and that's why I'm all better.
I'm glad for it and all but my biggest worry now is that I will get another one and we will be out of the army with no tricare to pay for all these riduculous tests and subsequent surgery :/
Working at the Gap isn't so bad. Some of the people are pretty cool. Its not hard work but I come home exhausted and my feet hurt just because I'm used to not doing any work. Sad, I know. My first day there one of the girls asked me if it was my first day- I told her yes- and she said she could tell because I was "working too hard". Seriously?! I was walking around nonchalantly folding shirts that were thrown about because I was bored out of my mind! Needless to say some people are slackers lol. I do like my discount though. I had a Gap shopping spree there at the beginning but no more. Can't be spending all of my paychecks on clothes.
Mickey and I booked a cruise! I'm so excited! Its an 8day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and we're gonna go to St. Lucia, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. I'm ecstatic! The only cruises I've been on were with family and, needless to say, sharing a teeny tiny cruise ship room with your younger sisters isn't always an ideal situation. I can't wait til we go though. Carnival even sent me an email so they're counting down the days for me. Only 254 days to go! (ugh) Now I gotta change my name on my passport. I want to start packing for it now!
And for the Biggest news of all,
Introducing the newest member of our family:
Michael Cooper Templet
My first nephew! Born on March 22, 2011 weighing in at 6lbs 11oz and 17 1/2 inches long.
I love him already and I haven't even gotten to hold him. I hope that I can go home soon but I have to wait to hear about work first. So exciting! My heart just melts everytime I look at a picture of him.
I believe that is all for now. I'm sure I've said this before but I will try and update better. Tata for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment