Of course, I probably wouldn't like it if I had to stand outside in it for 10-12 hrs a day like Mickey does.
But since I don't, I'm going to enjoy how pretty it is from my window as I drink my hot tea.
AND because it snowed, Mickey and his guys couldn't get out to the range yesterday which meant he got to come home early! It was awesome having him home during the day.
Unfortunately though, I had scheduled Gracie's "3 month" checkup yesterday. Its only been 2 1/2 months but a couple days ago she was hacking and coughing stuff up so I got worried that her lungs were filling with fluid again and scheduled her appointment. Well, it turns out I was right. They did another x-ray of her chest and her heart is bigger than it was- her lungs are also getting fluid in them again. On top of that her anal glands are infected- not sure how that even happens.
So, on top of the heart meds and benadryl she took twice a day, she now has a pill for her lungs and a liquid antibiotic that she has to take twice a day. And cough syrup for if her cough gets really bad. :(
They keep telling me that with the meds she could be around a lot longer and live a long happy doggy life but I can't help but wonder at what point is it too much? How much do we spend on vet bills, medicines, etc...?
I get it, she's a dog, she's not going to be around forever but it still hurts. Her heart is sooo big for her tiny little body. She's not suffering yet- she still eats, drinks, and goes to the bathroom just fine. She still gets excited and plays with her rope and runs around... aside from her occasional cough you'd never know she was sick.
Still trying to find something to do... still looking for a job, moreso to keep busy and get out of the house than for the money.
I was nice having Mickey home yesterday though, aside from the vet visit anyways. We got to take a nap, and have movie night. We watched The American with George Clooney- don't waste your money. It was predictable, boring, and completely pointless. Mickey was upset that we missed Jeopardy to watch the movie LOL
Hopefully the roads are better today because the job search continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment