Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yay for Fall!

You know, I keep reminding myself this would be easier to do short blogs every couple days rather than really long ones every couple months but I just haven't been in the mood to write lately. I've thought about it several times and even gotten on here intending to but I just read my subscribed posts and then sign off. Laziness for sure.

I, for one, do not like reading uber-long posts. I would rather read 20 short ones than sit there reading one even a quarter the length of the twenty combined so I will try to keep this short...

WE MOVED INTO* OUR HOUSE! I have trouble commiting to a place to get my haircut or buying a movie so you can imagine how much work it was to find a house. I think I just needed Mickey with me. :)
I came home before he did and looked for over a month at 50+ houses. Mickey came home and we found one right away. Its not our dream home but its perfect for us right now and most importantly, in our budget. Besides, I think all the fixing up we have to do will be fun. (*Edit: I reread my blog and just realized that I'd already posted that we bought the house but now we have actually closed on it and moved in!)

And, WE GOT A PUPPY! His name is Tiberius and he is amazing. He is a full blooded Great Dane and just turned 10 weeks old. We've had him since he was 6 weeks and boy has he grown!

These pics were taken the day we got him... isn't he adorable?! He weighed in at a healthy 13.1 lbs that day.





A growing pup definitely needs his sleep.



Here's a couple pics for comparison. The first car pic was taken the first week we had him on 10/31. The second picture, exact same spot in my car, was taken a week ago on 11/22. He weighed 25lbs in that picture.



Needless to say, Mickey likes "his dog" a whole lot more than Gracie. That's ok though, the boys need their bonding time. 


Here are his stats so far... I will try and keep them updated.
Our boy is growing about a 1/2 lb a day. That should increase as his food intake does (Currently about 4cups a day)

10/28- 13.1lbs
11/1  - 14.88 lbs
11/10- 20lbs
11/22- 25lbs
11/27- 27.5lbs, 17.5" shoulders

So, short and sweet that is our life as of late. Once again, I sign off with the assurance that I will update more often. Take it as you will. :) And in case I dont get back on for a while, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment