Can you believe it?? Everybody told me it would go by fast but my goodness.... WE'VE BEEN MARRIED A WHOLE YEAR ALREADY! eeeeeeeeee! Lol. I thought it was going to feel like birthdays do- you don't really feel any different but you get a lot of attention and have to remember a different answer when people ask how old you are. But it was different. I felt like when we first started dating. I was all squirmy and excited inside. It was puppy love all over again. I was so excited to be celebrating a whole year of marriage. I love him more than anything.
The first anniversary is paper. I had thought of something to get Mickey a few months ago but opted to wait until Christmas on that one- its not exactly paper and we had discussed not doing gifts anyways since we're buying a house and going on a cruise soon. So, I made him a present instead. It wasn't much of a present really- just a little craft. I took a deck of cards and made a little book of "52 Reasons Why I Love You." It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped- I started on it later than I should and was hurrying to finish it before our anniversary.
Mickey got me a gift card to a spa downtown- a whole package with manicure, pedicure and an hour massage. My appointment is tomorrow and I'm super excited! :) I looked them up online and they're super fancy. He did good. (Yes, grammar nazis I understand "well" is correct but I like saying it that way.)
Mickey pointed out that I have a bad habit of wanting to do/get whatever it is that he bought me right before he gives it to me. Case in point: Friday night I told him I needed a pedicure and was going to treat myself Saturday morning not knowing that he had gotten me the spa package for our anniversary.
Anyways, we made reservations on Sunday night rather than the typical Friday or Saturday because that's when our actual anniversary was- October 9. I think it turned out much better that way- the restaurant was much less crowded than I think it would've been otherwise. Mickey even bought new dress pants so we could get all fancied up for dinner. (Did I mention I love him?!) We went to Flemming's - oh my goodness it was amazing. I told Mickey I won't be able to eat steak anywhere else every again. I had a filet with these amazing potatoes and Mickey had a bone-in New York Strip. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We had a couple glasses of wine and finished it all off with the best creme brule I've ever had. AND they sent a chocolate cake home with us! Woot! More than I've ever paid for dinner but worth every cent. I think we should make it a tradition and go every year.
It was an awesome, hectic, chaotic, wonderful year. I can't wait to see what this next one has in store.
oh julie i'm so jealous!!! but i am SO HAPPY for you guys!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! i wish everyone was as amazing as y'all are :) I LOVE YOU TWO SO MUCH!!! here's to 100 more anniversaries just like this one!!!
ReplyDelete